We're excited to announce several options for churches who want to institute GRACE's (https://netgrace.org) Safe Church program. We are recommending GRACE's program because of how comprehensive it is and because of their reputation as the leader in doing this work in the church. We've been working hard to make it simple to get started and cost-effective to participate and would like to see every Evana church go through this. Email GRACE firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you're an Evana church to get started.
- We have already had a commitment of $10,000 in seed money to start with our loan program. If you would like to donate or participate in getting a loan as a church, email us at email@example.com. The loan terms are 2% interest with a maximum loan period of 5 years. You can borrow up to $4,000 for each church.
- You can get a $350 grant from Everence. Go to https://www.everence.com/safe-church-grant for more information and to apply. You need to have an Everence advocate or appoint one to receive this grant.
- The next nine Evana churches that do GRACE's Safe Church process will receive a $1,000 discount off the $5,000 overall cost.
- Ask if anyone from your congregation would like to donate directly to help you do this. You will likely find people who want to contribute.
- Talk to your liability insurance company and challenge them to reduce your premiums if you go through this process.
If you're already part of Evana, join our Workplace group to be in conversation with other churches that are working at this. https://evana.facebook.com/groups/1371933816177671/