Lifebridge Community Church is seeking a full-time pastor or husband and wife bi-vocational pastoral team.
Address: 301 N. Wooster Avenue, Dover, OH 44622
Pastoral Search Committee Chair: Kathy Neal
ACCOUNTABILITY: to other members of the Leadership Team
The Leadership Team is accountable to the congregation
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Senior Pastor provides spiritual, pastoral, outreach, administrative, and servant leadership for the congregation of LifeBridge Community Church so the congregation might fulfill its mission as a light of Christ in the City of Dover (view congregational profile). The Pastor relates to and connects with multiple generations and a diverse congregation within a small town environment. In addition, the pastor represents the congregation in denominational or community organizations and activities to learn new ways that the church can support and engage with the surrounding area. Recognizing the importance of spiritual health and one’s personal relationship with God, the Pastor takes time for regular prayer, Bible study, rest, and recreation. Lastly, the Senior Pastor extends God’s grace to others and leads by example as one who is relational, authentic, transparent, and humble. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23
- Conduct worship that enables people to hear the word of God and participate in personal and corporate devotion and relationship with God.
- Plan, in consultation with the Worship Committee, all elements of all regular worship services of the Church.
- Prepare and deliver sermons and lessons at all regular worship services of the Church unless on occasion the congregation authorizes another to fulfill this responsibility.
- Guide the Worship Committee in preparing and leading all special worship events of the Church, including Christmas Eve, Holy Week, Thanksgiving, as well as weddings and funerals unless otherwise provided for as authorized by the Church.
- Officiate weddings and funerals unless otherwise provided for as authorized by the Leadership Team.
- Guide the spiritual formation of the congregation through teaching, preaching, and leadership by example.
- Work with the applicable committees to ensure that the Church is provided with opportunities to pray and to study the Bible and the Christian Tradition.
- Work with the congregation and church ministries to ensure that the Church is provided with opportunities to be involved in hands-on service opportunities within and beyond the Church.
- Facilitate a thriving youth group.
- Oversee all areas of the congregation’s ministry in consultation with the Leadership Team and Committees.
- Provide input for the evaluation of church employees in conjunction with the Leadership team and appropriate committees.
- Build a sense of team-work among church staff and Committee Chairs.
- Hold and/or attend meetings necessary to coordinate the ministries of the church and facilitate communication.
- Report regularly to the Trustees about issues with the facility.
- Have a heart for LifeBridge’s ministries and an understanding of the challenges facing our congregation.
- Make a concerted effort to engage new visitors and encourage them to take an active role in the church.
- Provide training opportunities to the congregation for outreach and evangelism.
- Visit or contact church members to encourage their involvement or to address their personal needs (especially all homebound church members).
- Provide pastoral care in conjunction with other staff, committees, and members through visitation, counseling, and prayer.
- Make appropriate referrals when necessary and quickly respond to crisis situations which arise in the congregation.
- Devout personal faith in Christ, familiar with the Mennonite tradition (although not necessarily Mennonite) and able to fully support the polity and mission of LifeBridge Church.
- Experience in a similar ministry position is preferred.
- The position of Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The pastor should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members of the congregation and for regular communication with members of the church staff.
- A Covenant of Understanding between pastor and congregation, including further details of employment and compensation, will be reviewed and approved annually by the Leadership Team
Pleasant View Church
Position Title: Lead Pastor of Congregational Life
Church Overview: Pleasant View Church is a 200+ member congregation that comes from the Anabaptist tradition and is a member of the Evana Network. (See attached document) We are seeking a servant leader with a passion for ministry within our congregation as well as a desire for reaching our growing local community for Christ. We are breaking ground on our new building renovation project which provides opportunities to work in conjunction with the congregation and staff to develop additional programming that will help us better grow Christ-followers and meet the needs of our community to joyfully reach them for Christ.
Qualities and Traits: The Lead Pastor must have a committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ and affirm our Vision, Mission, and Confession of Faith. We are looking for a leader who is gifted with strong interpersonal communication skills and an energetic, engaging, relational, and biblically based preaching style. Essential to the position are integrity, compassion, confidentiality, self-motivation, and organization. Skills would include communication, administrative leadership, visitation, and pastoral care. Minimum of 5 years pastoral experience and M.Div. preferred.
Accountability: The Lead Pastor is accountable to the congregation through the elders.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Congregational Mission and Vision
- Help articulate and provide leadership in working at congregational unity, mission, and vision.
- Serve as the Chair of the Shepherding Team and a member of the Leadership Board.
- Coordinate, collaborate with, and supervise the ministry team. Lead weekly staff meetings.
- Assist with job references, service referrals, and educational applications requested by congregants/organizations.
- Oversight and support to the Family Pastor for the ministry to children, youth, and young adults.
- Collaborate with the Worship Director in planning and leading creative experiences of corporate worship.
- Preach 2-3 times per month.
- Work with Associate Pastor/Visitation Team/Shepherding Team in planning and carrying out pastoral and mutual care, including visits with shut-ins, the elderly, and the hospitalized.
- Provide counseling on a limited basis.
- Act as primary pastoral presence for funerals, weddings, baby dedications.
- Be a resource person for Bible Studies, Vacation Bible School, Sunday School classes.
- Provide baptismal classes and meet with candidates for membership.
- Work with and visit people in the community when Pastoral care is welcomed.
- Administer the church website, Church Facebook, and Instagram accounts.
Please provide the following to [email protected] when applying:
- Resume, including references
- Cover letter
- Website links to samples of your preaching if available.